| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Hitchcock rocker?

Posted By: Avery Gordon <agordon20@houston.rr.com> (208-190-74-66.ded.swbell.net)
Date: 6/19/5 16:55

In Response To: Hitchcock rocker? (Avery Gordon)

The rocker in question has no markings on the bottom of the seat that I can see. I should further describe the top back of the chair: The eagle, wings outspread, has arrows in its talons, and on either side of the top back panel are what appear to be "bombs bursting in air," like fireworks. The rest of the stencils on the chair are of the standard decorative kind, not specifically patriotic in any manner. I have received no reply from www.hitchcockchairs.com, so I ordered the Kenney book, "The Hitchcock Chair," hoping to find some info. It appears to me that this chair is 30 years old at least. Should I repaint the front arms black (where the hands rest), since there is no paint left on these? It would look better, and since this is not an antique, I need to know whether or not others restore their Hitchcock reproductions. Thanks for any and all advice.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.