| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: gilt incising

Posted By: Robert Allen <rallen4445@adelphia.net> (stmnca-cuda2-new-70-34-106-193.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: 10/1/5 04:24

In Response To: Re: gilt incising (Greg Scholl)

Jim, I am a cabinet maker that specializes in victorian furniture. I also tried my hand at gold incizing and finally settled on a tecknique that I have been very pleased with. I incize with a high speed dental drill with a small burr. After the lines have been cut I go over them again with a gun checkering tool to make sure that the bottom of the lines are smooth. This is important to make sure that when the gold is applied it reflects the light from any angle.I use a "liquid gold" pen ( "fine line" by "decoColor" ) from any art supply store. It is easy to apply and does not leak out of the line during application. I find that 2 applications work best. Because it is a marker type pen you have the best control. Please feel free to contact me at any time as there are not many cabinet makers willing to tackle this style furniture.....Good luck

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.