| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: F.B.M.CO,Hoboken N J

Posted By: Mary Kay <nitchwick@comcast.net> (c-67-170-128-61.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: 9/16/5 19:20

In Response To: Re: F.B.M.CO,Hoboken N J (Sherry E.)

Sherry wrote: "I've joined the Ferguson Furniture club, with an oriental design tilt top table. I did find a Ferguson tilt top table with carved mahogony shell motif and ball and claw feet that sold at auction (Buchard Galleries, St. Petersburg, FL) on 1-20-02 for $175.00 That jives with the earlier post that said the company made mid-quality items. As an antique dealer, I'll be putting my table in my shop at $175. "

Hey--this is the first Ferguson tilt-top I have heard of besides my own! The one I have was owned by my great grandfather, has four claw feet coming out of a central spindle. It looks like it is made with mahogany, and has a decoupage image of a Renaissance garden party. There is a piece of the decoupage missing, half inch by one inch, where I left a wet lollipop on the table as a toddler. It's square and big enough to play cards on. Thanks for the info!

Mary K.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.