| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: DiningRoom Side Brd from Continental Furniture

Posted By: Pam <pamelampayne@msn.com> (65.54.98.158)
Date: 6/19/4 01:21

In Response To: Re: DiningRoom Side Brd from Continental Furniture (Ann C)

I'm having the same trouble locating information about Continental Furniture Company of High Point,NC. We've located a piece that the folks selling are calling a butler's chest, but it looks more like a wardrobe. Really unique piece, very good condition. It has the same label "Continental Furniture Company..." that everyone else in this discussion has mentioned along with an additional tag that confirms another poster's idea that Continental must have taken orders for specific businesses/individuals I have a name AND style number of the piece, but no way to look up the piece to find out what it is/was. I have located brief historical references that refer to a 1910-1920 advertisement, pre-1930's references, and a mention that the Continental Furniture Company and/or property was sold to Globe Furniture, a part of Burlington Industries, but does not specifically say when. Has anyone found out anything about this manufacturer? I love this piece, but would like to know more. I also want to make sure that what I pay for it is reasonable. Any help or direction to help before this piece gets gone would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.