| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

steamer trunks

Posted By: Mary E. Brown <mbro6@comcast.net> (c-24-12-78-205.client.comcast.net)
Date: 2/12/4 19:19

I have 2 beautiful steamer trunks, one is obviously a man's trunk lined in green velvet with one drawer designed to hold a hat. The other is a woman's, lined in something that looks like embossed wall paper, and slightly smaller than the man's. They are in pretty good condition but desperately need cleaning inside and out. I also have a couple of old suitcases. One looks like it must have been a transition from a traditional wooden trunk to the modern suitcase, and is made of leather but lined like a trunk. The leather needs cleaning of course and also repair. The other suitcase has a tray like a traditional trunk, but the outside is of the same material as the steamer trunks. It is covered with stickers from many places. I like to think that maybe it was once owned by a traveling theater person. Anyway, I need advise, not only on how to care for the original material, but also on how to perserve the stickers. They're beginning to dry up and peel off, hence loosing it's history. Hugs and kisses to anyone out there who can help!

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.