| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE CERAMIC RESTORATION and CONSERVATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Creamware

Posted By: Jenny Charles (du-028-0115.claranet.co.uk)
Date: 8/11/0 05:10

Hi I am a student at West Dean College, Chichester and I am starting some research ffor my second year dissertation. I am looking into the problems associated with the cleaning of creamware. Yellow, dark brown and blackish stains always appear along the breakedges after imersion in water. These usually apear as the object drys. I feel that this is probably more likely to be organic in origin rather that the process leaching out iron in the body - as I doubt if this body would have very much iron to leach out. Laponite is used fairly effectively for the removal of this staining, as is enzyme washing powders. What I am searching for is a less time consuming process for cleaning. Also I'm trying to find out how to overcome the shadowing that often happens which makes bonding "invisably" very difficult. If anyone has had experience with Creamware please let me know the problems they encountered and any thoughts on how this problem could be overcome. I am hoping to try out some experiments over the next couple of months.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE CERAMIC RESTORATION and CONSERVATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.