| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE CERAMIC RESTORATION and CONSERVATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Chinese cup and saucer

Posted By: sandy ellis <gellis7@frontiernet.net> (67-137-86-194.dsl2.cok.tn.frontiernet.net)
Date: 10/13/4 15:34

I purchased a lot of blue and white cups and saucer from e-bay and in of the sets is very pretty and I thought with the oriental writing on the bottem that is would be something cheap like dollar store but, when you hold it up their is a pattern that shows through the porcelain and its very pretty.

I have done some searches just to see what that would be called and then I found out it was Chinese and I found a site that told what some of the letters were. They are two colums of writing with six words. One of the words looks like a large K. I don't know what the pattern is but it is cutout and you can just see through it when you hold it up to the light. It is blue and white. There are no other marks on the bottom just the writing. Would anyone know what this style of porclain would be with the cutouts are.

Thanks, Sandy

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE CERAMIC RESTORATION and CONSERVATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.