| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Blush

Posted By: James Schooley <furnitureissues@earthlink.net> (0-1pool246-2.nas2.sioux-city1.ia.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: 7/10/5 19:40

In Response To: Re: Blush (Mary Howes)

The mayonayse and peanut butter are not a great solution, If a blush is very fresh or is set in a less durable finish like shellac, it may work. As for the type of blush you have, from hot pans and towels/pot holders, are quite deep, often, because of the heat involved which can result in steam. There is a chance that a once across quick swipe with alcohol will start to do the task. Wait 15 minutes and repeat till the blush has disappeared. I have made my own blush remover in a fine mist spray bottle, like you would use to spray on window cleaner. In the bottle I place denatured alcohol and very lightly dust a fine mist over the blush area. Don't over do it, once the blush has cleared up you will most likely need to buff the area with 0000 steel wool or another polish, like automotive for gloss. Caution, alcohol is very flamable in a mist form, and avoid any drips with a towel laid under the spray bottle.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.