| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: taking apart a large old cupborad

Posted By: James Schooley <furnitureissues@earthlink.net> (0-1pool246-59.nas2.sioux-city1.ia.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: 7/8/5 03:48

In Response To: taking apart a large old cupborad (margaret)

I had to work on a case like this from England. There the doors are narrow and some stairs have tight corners that will not allow furniture in any where but the window. It isn't strange to see large cases going up the wall on a rope while the window has been removed. One wardrobe we got to restore had been cut down the middle. They took the crown piece off the top, pulled a batten off the back, and after removing the bottom drawer sawed the top and bottom boards from the front to the back and it was in two pieces that could be cleated back together inside the home. The cuts didn't really show and removing it was going to be pretty simple. I figured they had a tiny window and no closet. My point is keep the pieces as big as possible and consider smaller furniture in the future. Also remember, it has to come back out some time.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.