| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Validity display cabinet

Posted By: Jenny <joearruda@sympatico.ca> (69.158.67.178)
Date: 5/26/5 22:45

In Response To: Re: Validity display cabinet (Farrah)

Hello, I have an antique dining room set I purchased at a garage sale a few years ago and it also has the Validity mark. It is a paper label on it though and I believe it says London and it has a lion on it. I have a sideboard, china cabinet/secretary, 4 chairs and a table. All with beautiful carved flowers and scrolls and the table base has two ornate pillars. I bought it from the original owner, a very old man who had it shipped from England to Canada in the 1940's. He told me it was circa 1925. He had the original receipt and shipping invoice etc but unfortunately he was going into a nursing home and had left all his papers with his daughter who threw it out before we contacted her. Interestingly, I was at an antique auction a couple of years ago and they were auctioning off a shipment of furniture from England. There was a sideboard and table that were obviously made by the same company. The table dimensions and the way the ends pull out were identical. It just had 4 plain legs though, not ornately carved pillars. The sideboard had the same type of flowers/scrolls carved on it. Of course I had to buy them despite the lack of space in my house! I would be very interested to know anything about the maker of this furniture and if it has any special value. Thank you! Jenny

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.