| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Dry Unfinished Drawer Panels and Dresser Backs

Posted By: Greg Scholl <beatkat@adelphia.net> (67-22-200-210.albyny.adelphia.net)
Date: 5/22/5 10:45

In Response To: Re: Dry Unfinished Drawer Panels and Dresser Backs (James Schooley)

As you said this was for unfinished areas of the piece, then it's really not a worry...toluene based waxes really only harm lacquer finishes...Atiquax, Fiddes, Briwax, Liberon, Moser's are all available via the web, and many of them produce both types of waxes..the toluene containing waxes are typically called "restorers wax finishes" and are used to restore antique finishes...they tend to slightly amalgamte the existing surface and then "set up" harder than conventional paste wax, leaving behind a harder, glossier surface...Fiddes makes the best of all of these and is called RC-20...but it's only available in Europe I believe...I can't get the original formula any more here...but I'm trying so if anyone knows where I can get it please let me know...they are much harder to buff off as well...so any standard paste wax would be a fine choice..

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.