| Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Mission style rocker

Posted By: roger demuth <fero@sbcglobal.net> (adsl-69-221-130-154.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net)
Date: 5/2/5 15:38

I never post a question like this so here is a first. I picked up a mission style rocker from a customer for some minor restoration (if a complete re-glue can be considered minor!). Its kind of unique though so I thought maybe someone can give me an idea as to age and history. I'm guessing 1920s or earlier.

The arms, supports, and legs are bolted together.......rockers screwed onto the legs. Quarter sawn solid oak throughout. The label on the bottom says it is made by the Wisconsin Chair Co. of Mt (?) Washington, Wis. Part of the label is missing. There are no through tenons so I would not call it true arts and crafts style. Sorry.....low tech person that I am no pictures available. Sound familiar to anyone? The customer loves it but doesn't know the origin and I would like to be able to give her some info on it.

| Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.