| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: NEW ALDER CABINETS ruined by contracted staine

Posted By: Greg Scholl <beatkat@adelphia.net> (67-22-200-210.albyny.adelphia.net)
Date: 4/29/5 09:04

In Response To: NEW ALDER CABINETS ruined by contracted stainer! T (Amy)

I believe you will have to strip these cabinets now. Citrustrip is a good choice and is available many places including ACE hardware stores. In my opinion she owes you for the money she charged plus the stripping costs..you'll have to be careful to mask and cover all vulnerable areas which will add more time (and $) to the project.The stain may not come out entirely either after stripping as many of them have dye components that can be difficult to remove completely from virgin, clean new wood. What is the product she used? There is no excuse for someone to represent themselves as a pro and screw up installed cabinets in someones kitchen. But it is also imperative to know who you're hiring....always get a recommendation or references and ask to see work that has been done by this person at the very least have them do a sample on the exact wood that they will be working on. Did you sign a contract of any kind to protect yourself?...I hate to remind you but....caveat emptor rings oh so true sometimes....buyer beware...you have to know what you're paying for.....best of luck and keep us posted.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.