| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Storkline Baby Furniture

Posted By: Catherine Rice <catherinerice@adelphia.net> (69-174-35-228.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: 4/25/5 22:33

In Response To: Storkline Baby Furniture (Chevelle)

I have a Storkline folding highchair as well, and would like to know it's worth (late 1940's). I emailed the Chicago public library and this is the information I got about Storkline...hope it helps. If anyone comes across any info on the company or value of the highchair, please let me know....thanks! from Chicago Public Library: The following information is from the "Directory of Obsolete Securities" 2004 edition.

Storkline Furniture Corp. (IL) -Recapitalized in 1936. -Name change to Storkline Corp. 11/30/1960 -Storkline Corp. name changed to MPI Industries, Inc. (Ill.) 3/31/64 which reincorporated under the laws of Delaware 4/5/68 which merged into DeSoto, Inc. 11/3/69.

Under the entry for DeSoto, Inc. (DE) -Merged into Keystone Consolidated Industries, Inc. 9/27/96.

We also checked in the “Encyclopedia of Chicago” and did not find any mention of this company.

Unfortunately the Chicago Public Library does not have any catalogs for this company.

The Chicago Historical Society has a nice web page that talks about objects made in Chicago http://www.chicagohs.org/collections/foundobjects.html. This may be useful for your research.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.