| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Restoring Hoosier Style Cabinet

Posted By: Nancy Salisbury <earthworm@tiadon.com> (dial-69-55-136-77.sofnet.net)
Date: 4/4/5 12:35

In Response To: Re: Restoring Hoosier Style Cabinet (Colette)

I just bought a Hoosier Style kitchen cabinet at an auction this past Sat . It has on the back Davids ( looks like ) W / S Funiture Co. 1201 -1 ( something ) Main Street , Kansas City , Mo. It also has the name of Davidson's and the numbers 226.C.7 . I was told by a man at the auction that it was made sometime in the 1930's and that it is made of old plywood panels . He restores antique furniture and advised me not to try and strip it , but to paint it instead . I was wondering if the information that he gave me is correct as to when it was made . I paid $ 225.00 for it and was also wondering what it might be worth . The man I was talking to would not really tell me . All he said was that if it went for less than $ 150.00 that he would buy it , but he told me he was not going to bid on it as he all ready had several at his shop . I have no idea of it's worth I just wanted it to go with my antique wood cook stove that I have ( and use in the winter ) in my kitchen . What can you tell me about it ? Thank you in advance for your help . ---- Nancy Salisbury ------

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.