| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: still learning after 35 years

Posted By: roger demuth <fero@sbcglobal.net> (adsl-68-72-212-103.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net)
Date: 3/7/5 16:12

In Response To: Re: still learning after 35 years (Bob Klein)

I guess I'm really behind the times as to charging people. Years ago I used to charge $15 an hour and now I'm at $20 - considering a raise to $25. the two chairs I have in mind with my post I am charging $50 each but they are only worth maybe $125 each. The customer called an "antique restorer" about repairs and he said he had a minimum charge of $285 for anything and suggested a "handyman". That was to me an insult, but how does he get away with prices like that? I don't consider myself a handyman. My problem is that the legs are painted white - the most difficult color to match so I am leary of drilling through.

We need more interchange between we professionals I think, and I was gratified to see such a response. We all learn from others no matter how long we have been in business. So thanks to Greg, James, and Bob.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.