| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Please Help! Removal of chair glides!

Posted By: Ed <ejia@ix.netcom.com> (dialup-4.229.9.185.Dial1.Detroit1.Level3.net)
Date: 2/25/5 12:05

Hello,

I need anyone and everyone's help with removing the glides off of a chair that I would like to restore. I'm new to restoring furniture. The glides are not simply the kind that fasten to the very bottom of the chair leg. Rather the glides are attached to the bottom of a metal cylinder/cup that each leg is inserted into. I assume that the leg is glued into the metal piece. Or, is the glide holding the metal piece to the leg? I don't know!?!

I just don't want to damage the chair by trying to remove this piece of hardware the wrong way. Can anyone please tell me the proper technique for getting these off? Please be specific. And, if it requires a special tool or product, could you please give me the names and brands! If you don't know ask your other restoration friends! Pass it on! The more info the better. Thanks Everyone!

-ED

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.