| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Telescoping Table/Buffet Combo, Saginaw

Posted By: Lucia <GkneeoloG@aol.com> (cache-rtc-ab01.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 10/16/5 21:58

In Response To: Telescoping Table/Buffet Combo, Saginaw (Connie)

I too am now an 'owner' of a telescoping table/buffet combo made by the Saginaw Furniture Shops, Inc. I found it at an estate sale. I had no idea what i would do with it....but it was just too cool to pass up!

my piece has 6 leaves. it looks like a 50's "blonde" piece of furniture. seems to be an oak veneer over some pretty nice looking wood, maybe maple?

the front top "drawer" pulls out to form the legs of the large table. there are two cupboard doors with unusual wood 'molding' boxes as pulls to open the doors. the molding is applied in the shape of a square.

inside the 6 leaves are stored on the left side. there is a silver-ware drawer lined with green felt paper and then two shelves underneath the drawer. the interior (where the leaves are stored and where the silverware drawer and shelves are) is lined in kind of a funky looking speckled paint job.

i'm thinking this piece is probably 50's-ish. but i would love to know early fifties? late fifties? maybe even 60's?

thanks for any info you can give.

lucia

p.s. the varnish on the buffet has darkened, but the leaves are still very light in color. they don't match. i am guessing this is because of exposure to the light, etc.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.