| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Round, six-legged table with inlay

Posted By: Rachel Dryden <autumnmuse@adelphia.net> (co-colspgs-u5-c3d-213.clspco.adelphia.net)
Date: 7/12/4 05:34

Help!! I accidentally spilled nail polish remover on a spot on the table, which caused the paper towel it spilled on to bond to the tabletop. How can I remove the paper and nail polish remover without ruining the finish on the tabletop (or is it too late?)

Also, I have tried and tried to find information on this table. It may or may not be antique. It is about six foot round, one piece with no leaves. It has a compass point star inlay, and I think the six legs were added sometime later. They are quite chunky, and have horizontal pieces connecting them into two groups of three. I have never seen legs or a top like that, although I am very inexperienced. The usual books haven't seemed to list anything quite like it. Any suggestions on how to find out more about this table would be appreciated. (there are no maker's marks or signatures that I can see)

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.