| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

replace veneer on antique table top

Posted By: Sally Nielsen <Twodogssan@aol.com> (cache-dtc-ab01.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 5/24/4 13:27

I have a beautiful antique table that has ornate carvings around the top of the table. I don't know how to Id it and therefore describe it. So one question is where can I find out hopefully on the internet a way to ID my antique furniture. Something with pictures would really help. Anyway I have had the top of this table restored once but the restorer just filled in the places where the veneer had worn away. That was years ago and now more veneer has worn away. I know it is veneer and I can probably just scrap the veneer off. There is a seam going down the center of the veneer in order to make a pattern of 'V's horizontally. It was very pretty. Years ago a dealer offered me $100.00 as is for this table. I know it is very old and would really like to describe this table better for you which I am sure would help with your responses. Whom would I contact to veneer a antique table for me? All suggestions appreciated. Thanks. Sally

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.