| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

cloudy areas on table

Posted By: Ginger <grogers6@satx.rr.com> (cs2428154-171.satx.rr.com)
Date: 4/21/4 20:05

I recently purchased an Ethan Allen dark pine lamp table. The table has very small cloudy looking spots all over the top of it. They are not your typical looking water marks and there are no circles indicating a stain from a wet glass. I have tried rubbing it with #0000 steel wool that had Howard Restor A Finish (walnut) on it about 3 different times over a period of 2 days. This last time I used a little more elbow grease when rubbing. Wiped off the residue when I was finished and the spots were gone. Let it set for about 1 or 2 hours and they are now all back. In between using the Restor A Finish I would rub on the spots and as wierd as it may sound, they go away when you rub it out with a soft cloth. Then they come back. I have never seen anything like it. What do I do??? Does the top of the table need to be completely stripped and refinished? I am at a loss as to what to do now. I called a couple of furniture refinishers but there price is out of my SS income range. Please help me. I really like this table - it about 20-25 years old. Thanks!

Ginger Rogers

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.