| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Waterfall Dresser #2

Posted By: Holli Gribbons <h.gribbons@insightbb.com> (12-223-88-46.client.insightbb.com)
Date: 4/4/4 23:08

In Response To: Re: Waterfall Dresser #2 (Greg Scholl)

Hiya, Mold and mildew, would wiping the whole thing down with the water/bleach solution kill that stuff? I did that today instead of pulling up carpets...and boy was it FILTHY! Ugh! I couldn't imagine putting my clothes in there. I used a 1/4 cup bleach to a gallon of warm water and washed it GOOD. After doing the four drawers I made a new batch of water/bleach and did the inside of the cabinet. I have to do this again and I am really unconcerned about how much damage I may cause, if any, because it made the water BLACK the first time. I have to make sure all that dirt is gone. So, if this is not going to kill mold and mildew is there something else I can or should use instead. I don't want any mold or mildew supporting around here. The musty smell seems to be gone at any rate and it looks much brighter on the inside of the cabinet.

Now, the veneer top...well it still looks the same except for it has a little glue on it (no biggie). The crack wasn't big enough to really get any glue down into so I took a needle that I use to inject insulin and injected the glue into the crack then I put the wax paper over it and piled on all those bricks. 24 hours later it looks like I did nothing. Oh well, what do you think a 27 1/2" x 19 1/4" piece of veneer will run me? Can I get it cut to the size I want or will I have to do that? Hubby says I will have to buy a whole lot then cut what I need from it. Is that so? Holli

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.