| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Dry Rot Diagnosis

Posted By: Greg Scholl <beatkat@adelphia.net> (ct-waterbury1b-56.wtrbct.adelphia.net)
Date: 4/4/4 03:09

In Response To: Re: Dry Rot Diagnosis (James Schooley)

talk about nit picking...I am sorry I misread the post, but the "ambient moisture history" (?) will not tell you anything, and a home inspector will tell you nothing...many home inspectors I have encountered are less that knowledgeable about many things they should really know about..and some are downright posers. They were exterior windows, they are now interior decorative objects. No one can keep the relative humidity at 35% in their house, especially in the north during a winter like we've had. I bet the RH is closer to 15% and that's typical in winter.The wood hardener I suggested will arrest any further deterioration and I belive has fungicides as well. I also believe that the windows in question are not completely covered with dry rot, but suffering from small areas that can be treated successfully. Can't we just get along??

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.