| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: polyurethane bad choice?

Posted By: James Schooley (0-1pool246-206.nas2.sioux-city1.ia.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: 4/3/4 22:57

In Response To: Re: polyurethane bad choice? (Greg Scholl)

Will you lay off? The level of your picking is astounding. Don't you think I would have concluded that his stain wasn't the problem, without your help? I had gone through all that information when I first decided what his problem was! The stain was only on the bare spots, if you must know! The point here is that shellac was the only finish that woulds stick to the poly. Once that was dry he could leave that as a top coat or use the shellac as a foundation for a tougher top coat, which is what he did. Of corse you don't want shellac in a modern kitchen, even though it was used in kitchens for hunreds of years before we came along. Ever see a Hoosier? Are you some kind of dolt, or do you just like to argue? I know shellac will stick to anything, we have been telling people that here for years befor you came along! The thing to remember about this site is that most readers don't have the lingo and facilities of a professional. We who comment to the reader should not get too technical so that folks can understand the info and easily decide what is best for them. I think you just like to contradict, let's try to cooperate and find some level of support and understand that no one answer is always right!

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.