| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Trying to identify table

Posted By: Michele <mlivichroberts@comcast.net> (bgp538384bgs.ewndsr01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: 12/23/3 00:12

I have inheirited a piece of furniture from my grandmother, and I am trying to identify it's approximate age and design. I believe it is Chippendale in design, and it is made of mahogony. It measures approx 38" wide, 20" deep and 31"high, looking like a console table. The top flips open and the table has wood glides that extend it to approx 8 feet long. There are 3 leaves. I believe the table would seat 8 to 10 people. The front legs have intricate carvings, with a Queen Anne style leg. The rear legs are Queen Anne in style too, but aren't carved. There are two drop down legs for middle support when the table is fully extended. My mom thinks it dates from the 1930's. I had it repaired recently and the company that repaired it thinks it dates to the late 19th century. The only markings I can find on it are the number 32 or 62 stsmped into the back of the table when folded, and what looks like a 6V or 6Y stamped into the wood on the edge of the back of the flip top. Any information on the table or leads as to how I can identify it would be greatly appreciated.

Michele

mlivichroberts@comcast.net

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.