| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Antique Telephone Table

Posted By: Denise <denise2003@graffiti.net> (syr-24-58-57-14.twcny.rr.com)
Date: 10/6/3 17:32

Hi. I am new at this board, but I did a search and found it... I just found an older telephone table (I'd guess from the 1920's/30's and it needs just a little amount of refinishing to become beautiful once again. I literally FOUND it, out on someone's lawn, put out for the trash!

I took it home, and looked it over, and I am pretty sure it is a telephone table. It has a lower shelf, and it looks as though it might have held a phone book on it, just judging from the dust pattern! It sort of resembles a child's desk, where the pedestal of the desk is off to one side, and a shelf where the telephone might sit is at the other end. Above this "leg", is a cube-shaped cabinet which is completely lined with copper! It has a little spring-top closure and a very old-looking, hard plastic knob. It is in great shape, but I would like to know exactly what I have, before I go possibly ruining it with the wrong stripping agents, stain, etc. I have never heard of a table being lined with copper. It is very heavy, so I think it is very thick copper. What would be the reason for this lining?

Please help! Thanks

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.