| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Having a fit with shellac!

Posted By: Jame Schooley <jschooleyfamily@earthlink.net> (0-1pool247-51.nas2.sioux-city1.ia.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: 9/16/3 03:54

In Response To: Having a fit with shellac! (Maureen)

The problem may be some wax that was still on the table, or you may have allowed to little time for the surface to dry out after cleaning. I hope you used a good waterless alcohol in the shellac. When a lot of humidity is present in the air that can cause a problem such as blushing, but you may have wax in the shellac if you didn't get wax-free. As you can see I'm not sure, but the process of elemination is the only way to figure it out. A light coat of alcohol misted on with a spray bottle may solve the problem, if not try a blush remover to get out the streaking. You could try to lightly sand off a thin layer and recoat with a fresh batch of shellac that has settled for 48 hours, remove only the top of the mix, the wax will be in the bottom. That is all I can suggest from where I sit.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.