| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Japanese folding screen

Posted By: Jessica <jessicanickason955@hotmail.com> (h93.230.39.162.ip.alltel.net)
Date: 7/17/3 10:03

I have recently purchased a huge, wood Japanese/Chinese folding wall (the type of thing used to change behind). It is about 12 feet tall and 6 feet wide with two amazing murals carved and painted on it, one on either side. I would first like to know if anyone has ever seen one of these of this size, before and if anyone could tell me anything about it, or how to see how old it is or where it comes from. My other question is about fixing it up. It got a tad wet while I was attempting to move it and it appears that it was either dirty and the water ran the dirt a bit or there was an oil on it that has now run. I would like to know how I should go about cleaning it so as to not disturb the paint, and I would like to find out if there is anything that I can put on it to protect it and keep in good conditon. Please help me I am very new at this. Thank you

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.