| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Two Old chairs....

Posted By: Mandie <socialbug69@hotmail.com> (oh-washingtoncourthouse2a-178.chlcoh.adelphia.net)
Date: 6/28/3 19:00

Hi... This morning at an auction, I purchased 2 old chairs. They are (were) both recovered with a horrible vinyl-like material. I have worked with refinishing wood before, but never anything like this... I need a lot of help!!! I have no idea how old they are, or what style they are... I am completely new to the world of antique furniture! I do know (after stripping the vinyl off) that they are stuffed with horsehair and batting, and springs. One of the chairs, kind of reminds me of a vanity chair... no legs, sort of a rounded base, no arms, straight back... at one time, there were pleats (I guess) in the back of the chair, but they were filled in with batting when it was reupholstered with the vinyl. The other, is an arm chair on rockers. Both seat cushions are very worn, and in need of more cushion...What do I do? I have photos available, to send, and would love to have any suggestions on what to do with these, and how to go about reupholstering... and also, if anyone could date them for me... that would be great... Please Help! Thank You, Mandie

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.