| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

It's YELLOW!!!

Posted By: Phila <phila.motherwolf@verizon.net> (pool-141-157-75-148.balt.east.verizon.net)
Date: 5/26/3 20:53

Hi, all --

I'm new to the board, and hoping that someone might be able to make a suggestion...

We have a semi-early American hutch cabinet that was very lovingly antiqued and hand-decorated with painted scrollwork on the cabinet doors and outlines on the glass doors. I fell in love with it and basically designed my remodeled kitchen using it as the focal point. Now we've moved it in...and where it looked ivory/cream where it was, it now shows up as LOUD, SCREAMING YELLOW against the pale sage-green walls and almond trim!

As a mitigating circumstance, I'm slightly colorblind...however, our color consultant also matched the hutch drawer against the paint chips and thought it would work!

The physical structure of the hutch matches our kitchen well, and I dearly love the hand-painted details...but that yellow has got to go.

Could there be any way of toning it down to cream or almond...say, a color wash of some kind...and then recreating the hand-painting, seeing it through the wash? This would be my first attempt at anything of the sort.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.