| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: Childs antique desk/chair-oak

Posted By: P. Kaye Keenan <kkeenan@rochester.rr.com> (roc-204-210-156-90.rochester.rr.com)
Date: 10/3/2 14:01

In Response To: Re: Childs antique desk/chair-oak (Jim Cole)

The roll top does not appear to be attached by duct, the slat is totally detached from the remaining functioning roll top. It looks like it is paper that the slats were glued to, I do not know if that is possible but that is what it looks like, I hate to cover the paper over with something else as the paper has print on it which of course is as old as the desk which then makes me think if it is paper how will I clean the slats and be able to keep the roll together, would think any liquid application or cleaner would eat away at the backing what ever it is, it is very very thin and sure looks like paper. This is the first desk I have seen that is an old roll top so I truly do not know what I am working with. Thank you for the assistance and advice you have given me and if you can give me any more I will truly appreciate that as well. Kaye Keenan

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.