| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Mennonite Pine Cupboard and Hutch - Help!

Posted By: Karen <karenklementis@hotmail.com> (a3hm51qny26th.ab.hsia.telus.net)
Date: 9/1/2 23:25

I'm in love with this old cutie, this is my first project and I'm hooked.My problem is that I would like to reveal some of the wonderful "artwork" that nature has revealed where along edges of paint chips/dents where I have sanded, this wonderful warm golden color follows the irregular edges almost like an outline. On the centre of cupboard panels patches of this color are revealed - the type that people try to obtain when "antiquing" modern furniture pieces. However, the over all appearance of the cupboard is more shabby than chick. I need to somehow pull the whole look together and be able to allow the wonderous bits to shine through. I don't want this cupboard to look brand new, nor do I want it to look like its meant for the garbage collector. I hope I'm explaing this well enough. In essence I have 3 different surfaces exposed - bare pine, white (milk Paint??) yellowish paint and some places taupe.... Any advice anyone can offer?? I would really appreciate it. Sept 1/02 Thank you in advance

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.