| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Restoring Hoosier Style Cabinet

Posted By: Traci Thrasher <thrasherga@email.com> (host-67-35-37-229.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: 7/26/2 02:50

I have my Grandmother's Hoosier style cabinet and I want to restore it. It was made by the Marsh Furniture company and it has all of the original hardware. I know that she started "housekeeping" with it in the 1940's. She said that she originally painted red, but can't remember what kind of wood it was originally or if it was painted when she first got it. I recently remodeled my kitchen with oak cabinets and if the cabinet is oak underneath all the paint, I would like to "strip" it down to the natural wood. I have been searching all over the internet for pictures of what the cabinet might have originally looked like. I went to the Marsh Furniture website to see if they had any pictures of the cabinets, but no luck. If they were originally painted then I want to re-paint it, because some of the paint is peeling off. My questions are: Do you know where I could find some pictures of what the original Marsh hoosier style cabinets looked like? What is the best method to use if I do try to remove the paint? What is the best method to remove the paint if I decide to repaint it instead? Thank you for any help!

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.