| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Mahogany Tables with Leather

Posted By: T.J. <deked1@yahoo.com> (1Cust221.tnt3.manassas.va.da.uu.net)
Date: 3/12/2 11:22

Hi Folks, We own two tables that are mahogany with leather inserts the are from the 20's and 30's they have been in the family for years. One has the label of a company called International in Michigan and a label for some sort of mahogany inspector with a 3 digit #. One of the tables needs to have years and years of poor stain and lord knows what taken off. I have Kutzit, paint brush, rags and 0000 steel wool. But, I have had the gear for a week and whenever I think to take on the job, I get nervous and don't, due to fear of wrecking the piece or pieces. The leather on the one table looks like someone wiped on thick gunk, despite that I can faintly see tool work around the edges. I can also see that the wood/veneer??? is ?crotch mahogany?. On the less abused table I can see the tool work in the leather and a faint gold in the tool work. OK what do I do to get table or tables back in shape wood and leather. Also, how do I asses a value? I know if I intend to keep them a value is not applicable. But, is there a rough idea? Most importantly I need/want to bring them back to life. Send help and confidence. Thank you, T.J. Lyons

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.