| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Restoring 46 star American flag

Posted By: Mike U <munger60@aol.com> (206.228.122.199)
Date: 1/2/2 10:46

I have a 46 star flag that I am interested in restoring. I have gotten some estimates to have it done at around $500. I'd like to attempt it myself. I am mostly interested in being able to display it without harming it. I'd like to frame it. Can anyone give me some info and how to do this or steer me in the right direction?

FYI

The 46th state admitted to the Union was Oklahoma on 11/16/07. The 46 star flag became the official flag on July 4th of the next year. Any time stars were added to the flag it was always done on July 4th at least since the early 1800s.

The 46 star flag only lasted 4 years. On 1/6/12 New Mexico became a state and on 2/14/12 Arizona. So, the flag became 48 stars on July 4th of that year.

The 48 star flag lasted for 47 years which is still the longest of any flag. It was 49 stars for only one year when Alaska was granted statehood on 1959. Hawaii was added in 1960 and the flag became 50 stars on July 4th of 1960.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.