| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD

Re: ROLL TOP DESK by RIVERSIDE

Posted By: CJ Green <cjg53@pacbell.net> (adsl-69-231-216-41.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: 9/10/5 23:51

In Response To: ROLL TOP DESK by RIVERSIDE (CHRISTIAN PETERS)

Christian,

While this is not a valuation site, simply a site for retorers -- professional and amateur -- to trade restoration tips, I do have a little guidance. I attend a weekly auction in Los Angeles where there can be 3 or 4 roll top desks in one day. If they're clearly 20th cetury desks they rarely go for more than $200 to $400. I bought a sweet child's roll top from the 1940's for $80. It needed the canvas under the roll top slats to be totally replaced which cost me, w/ a quick French polish and a reattached base corner, about $100. So, I'm into it for $190 which includes the buyer's premium I paid the auction house. I have it for sale at my shop for $425 and, seeing that school's just starting, I'm getting a lot of interest. But until I sell it I'm asking too much. Once I sell it I will have been asking to little. ;^) This is in Los Angeles so, as to value -- your mileage may vary considerably...

Best,

CJ

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

ANTIQUE FURNITURE RESTORATION DISCUSSION BOARD is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 3.21.